Plan of Action
- Regional and national
management committees shall convene and conduct social mobilization
meetings and seminars.
- A management information
system shall be design and strengthened for monitoring.
- A post-evaluation shall
be conducted by an external group.
and Their Responsibilities
Local Government Units
- Act as the lead planning and implementing unit at the provincial
& municipal levels;
- Coordinate and monitor techno-demo implementors;
- Deploy production technicians and SMSs;
- Select qualified farmer-organization/participants;
- Provide resource persons to farmers' trainings.
Regional Field Units (RFUs)
- Responsible in the overall planning, facilitating, monitoring
& implementation in the region;
- Coordinate, monitor and implement (through stations) seed production
- Coordinate, monitor and provide technical assistance on small
scale irrigation, credit, postharvest, and marketing;
- Ensure lists in collaboration with BAS and LGUs;
- Assist in the evaluation of qualified farmer-organizations/participants;
- Deploy Subject Matter Specialists (SMS);
- Accurate and timely reporting of MIS (validated);
- Provide resource persons on training for AT's.
Philippine Rice Research
- Continuously develop and update POT on rice production with
emphasis on sustainability and productivity;
- Produce breeder, foundation, and registered seeds'
- Maintain seed buffer stock of higher classes of seeds;
- Undertake/provide technical backstopping to LGU, RFU and ATI;
- Assist in the transfer of matured rice production technologies.
Bureau of Plant Industry
- Coordinate and monitor seed production;
- Supervise seed testing laboratories;
- Accredit seed growers;
- Provide technical assistance on crop protection.
Association of Seedgrowers
- Assist in monitoring seed buffer stock;
- Produce and market quality seeds.
Fertilizer and Pesticide
- Register and issue licenses to fertilizers and pesticide manufacturers/dealers;
- Conduct information drive for input dealers and farmers on
safe and judicious handling and use of fertilizers and pesticides
- Initiate development of institution-building program and credit-related
- Formulate and enforce credit policy;
Land Bank of the Philippines
- Act as conduct of loanable funds;
- Provide technical assistance to borrowers
National federation of
Cooperative Banks (CoopBanks)
- Act as conduit of loanable funds;
- Provide technical assistance to borrowers:
Rural Bank Association
of the Philippines (RBAP)
- Act a conduit of loanable funds;
- Provide technical assistance to borrowers
Federation of Free Farmers
Credit Cooperative Incorporated
- Act as conduits of loanable funds.
National Irrigation Administration
Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)
- Construct new irrigation system and rehabilitate existing systems;
- Conduct training and institution-building activities for Irrigators'
- Provide technical assistance to LGU on maintenance; management,
and repair of systems;
- Select site and project design;
- Actual construction;
- Administer funds.
Bureau of Soils and Water
- Provide technical assistance on balanced fertilization strategy,
SWIP, STW, and SFR establishment;
- Characterize and map aquifers;
- Conduct research and development for small-scale irrigation
system and on soil management and fertilization.
Bureau of Postharvest
and Extension (BPRE)
- Provide technical assistance on equipment testing and accreditation;
- Conduct research and development;
- Establish PH facilities
- Administer training extension, and social mobilization programs;
- Monitor and evaluate post-training.
- Develop and implement information and communication plan;
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of information activities
by RFUs, bureaus, and attached agencies
and Fishery Council (NAFC)
- Policy formulation;
- Address issues and concerns on food security.
National Food Authority/QUEDANCOR
- Implement grains supply and price stabilization.
DA-Agribusiness and Marketing
- Strengthen and intensify market information capabilities.
Bureau of Agricultural
- Establish a network of Grains Market Information Centers
- Manage on a micro and macro-level rice production-supply database;
- Monitor price behavior and trends.
State Universities and
- Provide assistance in the generation, development, and promotion
of agricultural technologies.
Philippine Foundation of Rural Broadcasters (PFRB)/
Kapisanan ng mga Broadkaster sa Pilipinas (KBP)
- Provide assistance in training, extension, social mobilization,
and information campaign.
DA_Field Operation Service
- Provide overall coordination, monitorinng, and fund administration;
- Backstop the Program Director for Rice..