(Supply & delivery of 5 units 4WD TRACTOR for Reconstruction Assistance on Yolanda (RAY for Bicol Region)
1. The Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit No. 5, (DA RFU), San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur is inviting interested accredited & qualified suppliers/dealers to apply for eligibility and to submit complete bid for the supply and delivery of five (5) units 4WHEEL DRIVE TRACTOR for use in the Reconstruction Assistance on Yolanda (RAY) for Bicol Region, as per specifications under accompanying bid documents.
2. The Agency intends to apply the total amount of Eleven Million Philippine Pesos (PHP11,000,000.00).
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary "pass/fail" criterion as specified in the implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the "Government Procurement Reform Act".
4. List of Eligibility and Bidding documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected and obtained by Phil-GEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat starting 04 April 2014 until the close of office hours of 22 April 2014 upon submission of Letter of Intent and payment of non-refundable amount of Php500.00 Annual Supplier's Accreditation fee and Php15,000.00 for bid documents to the Cashier's Office.
5. Pre-Bid Conference will be held on April 11, 2014 at 9:30 in the morning, DA RFU-5 Conference Room, Administrative Building, San Agustin, Pili, Cam. Sur. Prospective bidders are enjoined to attend the Pre-Bid Conference.
6. Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelops [First Envelop-Legal ,Eligibility and Technical Eligibility Documents; Second Envelop-Financial Eligibility Documents] will be before 9:30 in the morning of 23 April 2013. Opening of bids will follow at exactly 9:30 in the morning, DA Conference Room, Administration Building, this agency in the presence of observers and bidders who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements.
7. Each bid must be accompanied by bidder's bond equivalent to any of the following based on the Approved Budget for the Contract - 2% (Cash/ Certified check/ Cashier's Check/Manager's check, irrevocable letter of credit, Bank Draft or Guarantee confirmed by Commercial or Universal Bank); 5% (Surety bond callable upon demand issued by Surety or Insurance Company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security. The bid Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor of the procuring entity.
8. The DA reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract when (a) there is a prima facie evidence of collusion between the BAC and any of the bidders, or if the collusion is between a bidder and a third party, including any act which restricts, suppresses or nullifies or tends to restrict, suppress or nullify competition (b) The BAC is found to have failed in following the prescribed bidding procedures; or (c) for any justifiable and reasonable ground where the award of the contract will not redound to the benefit of the government as follows: (i) if the physical and economic conditions have significantly changed so as to render the project no longer economically, financially or technically feasible as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (ii) if the project is no longer necessary as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (iii) if the source of funds for the project has been withheld or reduced through no fault of the procuring entity, (iv) any circumstance analogous to the foregoing.
9. The DA RFU 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder at of data furnished relative to the bidding of the project.
10. For more details/information. Please refer to the:
Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat
Department of Agriculture Region V
San Agustin, Pili, Cam. Sur
Tel. No. 477-33-56) or log on to our web site (http:// bicol.da.gov.ph) or http//:philgeps.net.
02 April 2014 , Pili, Camarines Sur.
ABELARDO R. BRAGAS
OIC-Regional Executive Director
Head of the Procuring Entity