INVITATION TO BID
(Labor & Materials for the Concreting of Bonga-Dita Farm to Market Road (FMR), Legazpi City)
1. The Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit No. 5 is inviting interested PhilGEPS accredited contractors to apply for eligibility and to submit complete bid for the Concreting of Bonga-Dita Farm to Market Road (FMR), Legazpi City, as per scope of works and specifications under accompanying documents.
2. The total Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) isNINE MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND PESOS (Php9,750,000.00).
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 9184, otherwise known as Government Procurement Reform Act.
4. List of Eligibility and Bidding Documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected, and/or obtained by PhilGEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat, Legal Office starting 07 April 2014 until the close of office hours of 25 April 2014, subject to the pre-requisites under the immediately following paragraph
Bidding Documents will be issued within the period set above but only to those prospective bidders or their duly authorized (SPA or Secretary’s Certificate-indicating the above-named project) representatives who complied with the following conditions: (a) Filing of Letter of Intent within the herein prescribed exclusive period from April 07-14, 2014 ; (b) Presentation of Official Receipt as proof of payment of Annual Contractor’s Registration Fee of PHP1,000.00 to the Cashier’s Office; (c) Presentation to the BAC Secretariat of the Original Copy of appropriate PCAB License and (d) Presentation of Official Receipt as proof of payment of bidding documents’ fee in the amount of PHP10,000.00 to the Cashier’s Office.
5. Pre-bid Conference shall be held on 14 April 2014 at 1:30 in the afternoon, DA Conference Room, Administration Building, DA RFU 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur. Only those prospective bidders who purchased bidding documents shall be allowed to participate in the pre-bid proceedings.
6. Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) will be not later than1:30 in the afternoon of 28 April 2014.Opening of bids will follow at 1:30 in the afternoon of same date, DA Conference Room, Administration Building, this agency, in the presence of observers, and bidders or authorized representatives who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements.
7. Each bid must be accompanied by bidder’s security equivalent to any of the following based on the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) – 2% (Cash/ Certified check/ Cashier’s Check/Manager’s check, Bid Securing Declaration, Irrevocable letter of credit, Bank Draft); 5% (Surety bond callable upon demand issued by Surety or Insurance Company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security. The bid Security must be dominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor and in the full name of the Procuring Entity. In lieu of the foregoing, prospective bidders may submit a Sworn/Notarized Bid Securing Declaration in the form and substance prescribed under GPPB Resolution No. 03-2012.
8. The DA RFU 5 reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract when (a) there is a prima facie evidence of collusion between the BAC and any of the bidders, or if the collusion is between a bidder and a third party, including any act which restricts, suppresses or nullifies or tends to restrict, suppress or nullify competition (b) The BAC is found to have failed in following the prescribed bidding procedures; or (c) for any justifiable and reasonable ground where the award of the contract will not redound to the benefit of the government as follows:(i) if the physical and economic conditions have significantly changed so as to render the project no longer economically, financially or technically feasible as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (ii) if the project is no longer necessary as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (iii) if the source of funds for the project has been withheld or reduced through no fault of the procuring entity, (iv) any circumstance analogous to the foregoing.
9. The DA RFO 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder at of data furnished relative to the bidding of the project.All matters obtaining or relating to the procurement process as to receipt, opening, evaluation, post-qualification, recommendation for and award of contract shall be governed by pertinent provisions of RA 9184 and the Revised IRR.
10. For more details/information, please refer to the:
Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat
Department of Agriculture, RFO 5
San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur
(Tel. No. 477-33-56) or Regional Agricultural Engineering Division
(Tel. No.477-39-03), DA RF0 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur
or log on to our website (http:// bicol.da.gov.ph), or http//:philgeps.net.
03 April 2014, Pili, Camarines Sur.
ABELARDO R. BRAGAS
OIC-Regional Executive Director
Head of Procuring Entity