INVITATION TO BID
(Supply & delivery of 14 units Mechanical Corn Sheller under Corn Program)
- The Department of Agriculture Regional Office No. 5 is inviting interested PhilGEPS accredited suppliers/dealers to apply for eligibility & to submit complete bid for the supply and delivery of fourteen (14) units Mechanical Corn Sheller under Corn Program with complete specifications, as per specifications under accompanying bidding documents.
- The total Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) is One Million Eight Hundred Ninety Thousand Pesos (Php. 1,890,000.00).
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
- List of Eligibility and Bidding Documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected, and/or obtained by PhilGEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat, BAC Office starting March 17, 2017 until the close of office hours of April 4, 2017, 2017, upon payment of non-refundable amount of Php 2,000,000.00 of bid documents to the Cashier’s Office,
- Pre-bid Conference will be held on March 24, 2017 at 9:30 in the morning, DA Library, Research Building, DA RFO 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) will be not later than 9:30 in the morning of April 5, 2017. Opening of bids will follow at 9:30 in the morning of same date, DA Library, Research Building, this agency, in the presence of observers, and bidders or authorized representatives who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements.
- Each bid must be accompanied by bidder’s security equivalent to any of the following based on the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) – 2% Bank Draft or Guarantee confirmed by the issuing Commercial or Universal Bank); 5%- Surety bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security or duly notarized Bid Securing Declaration. The Bid Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favour of the procuring entity. The winning bidder shall, as a measure or guarantee for the faithful performance of and compliance with his obligations, be required to post Performance Security in such form and amount as specified in the Bidding Documents-5%-Cash/Certified Check/Cashier’s Check/Manager’s Check, irrevocable letter of credit; 10%-Bank Draft or guarantee confirmed by the issuing Commercial or Universal Bank; 30%- Surety Bond callable upon demand issued by Surety or Insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security. The bid Performance must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favour of the procuring entity.
- The DA RFO 5 reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract when (a) there is a prima facie evidence of collusion between the BAC and any of the bidders, or if the collusion is between a bidder and a third party, including any act which restricts, suppresses or nullifies or tends to restrict, suppress or nullify competition (b) The BAC is found to have failed in following the prescribed bidding procedures; or (c) for any justifiable and reasonable ground where the award of the contract will not redound to the benefit of the government as follows: (i) if the physical and economic conditions have significantly changed so as to render the project no longer economically, financially or technically feasible as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (ii) if the project is no longer necessary as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (iii) if the source of funds for the project has been withheld or reduced through no fault of the procuring entity, (iv) any circumstance analogous to the foregoing.
- The DA RFO 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder at of data furnished relative to the bidding of the project. All matters obtaining or relating to the procurement process as to receipt, opening, evaluation, post-qualification, recommendation for and award of contract shall be governed by pertinent provisions of RA 9184 and the Revised IRR.
- For more details/information, please refer to the:
Bids & Awards Committee Secretariat
Department of Agriculture Region V
San Agustin, Pili, Cam. Sur
Tel. No. 477-33-56) or Regional Agricultural Engineering Division
(Tel. No. 4773903), DA RFO 5, San Agustin, Pili, Cam. Sur
or log on to our website (http:// bicol.da.gov.ph), or http//:philgeps.net.
15 March 2017, Pili, Camarines Sur
ROSARIO C. SALES
Chief, Adm. & Finance Division
Chairperson, Bids & Awards Committee