INVITATION TO BID
(Establishment of 1 unit Building Shed & Corn Drying Facility under Corn Program)
- The Department of Agriculture Regional Office No. 5 is inviting interested PhilGEPS accredited contractors to apply for eligibility and to submit complete bid for the Establishment of 1 unit Building Shed & Corn Drying Facility under Corn Program (labor and materials), as per scope of works and specifications under accompanying bidding documents. Completion of Works is required by 120 calendar days each. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
- The total Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) is Two Million Seven Hundred Eighty Thousand Pesos (Php. 2,780,000.00).
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184, with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) of the Department of Agriculture, RFO-5 and inspect the Bidding documents at the address given below.
- List of Eligibility and Bidding Documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected, and/or obtained by PhilGEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat, BAC Office starting April 17, 2017 until the close of office hours of April 28, 2017_, upon payment of Php. 3,000,000.00 for bid documents to the Cashier’s Office.
- Pre-bid Conference shall be held on April 17, 2017 at 1:30 in the afternoon, DA RFO-5 Adm building San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur, which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) will be not later than 9:30 in the morning of May 2, 2017. Opening of bids will follow at 9:30 in the morning of same date and place, this agency, in the presence of observers, and bidders or authorized representatives who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder’s duly recognized representatives who choose to attend. Late bids shall not be accepted. No representative shall be allowed to represent more than one (1) contractor. The BAC will use non-discretionary pass/fail criteria in the eligibility check preliminary examination of bids.
- Each bid must be accompanied by bidder’s security equivalent to any of the following based on the approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) – 2% Bank Draft or guarantee confirmed by the issuing Commercial or Universal Bank; 2% Cash or cahier’s/manager’s check issued by a Universal or commercial Bank; 5% Surety Bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security or duly notarized Bid Securing Declaration or any combination of the foregoing. The Bid Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor of the procuring entity. The winning contractor shall, as a measure or guarantee for the faithful performance of and compliance with his obligation, be required to post Performance Security in such form and amount as specified in the Bidding documents – 5% Cash/Certified Check/Cashier’s Check/Manager’s Check, irrevocable letter of credit; or 10% - Bank Draft or Guarantee confirmed by the issuing Commercial or Universal Bank or 30% - Surety Bond callable upon demand issued by Surety or Insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security or any combination of the foregoing. The Performance Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor of the procuring entity.
- The DA RFO 5 reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders
- The DA RFO 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder at of data furnished relative to the bidding of the project. All matters obtaining or relating to the procurement process as to receipt, opening, evaluation, post-qualification, recommendation for and award of contract shall be governed by pertinent provisions of RA 9184 and the Revised IRR.
- For more details/information, please refer to the:
Bids & Awards Committee Secretariat
Department of Agriculture Region V
San Agustin, Pili, Cam. Sur
Tel. No. 477-33-56) or log on to our website
(http:// bicol.da.gov.ph), or http//:philgeps.net.
05 April 2017, Pili, Camarines Sur.
ROSARIO C. SALES
Chief, Adm. & Finance Division