SECOND INVITATION TO BID
(Supply and Delivery of Various Feeds for Use at Sorsogon Dairy Production and Technology Center)
- The Department of Agriculture-Regional Field Office No. 5 (DA-RFO 5) was in receipt of the purchase request from Sorsogon Dairy Production and Technology Center, hence, the Agency is inviting accredited and qualified suppliers to apply for eligibility and to submit complete bid for the Supply and Delivery of Various Feeds [Starter (crumble); Breeder (Brahman); Breeder (Dairy); Milk maker; Sheep feeds; Laying mash (Ducks); Chick starter; and Grower maintenance] for use at Sorsogon Dairy Production and Technology Center under accompanying bid documents.
- The Total Approved Budget for the Contract is FOUR MILLION SIX HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FORTY PESOS (Php4,670,140.00)
- List of Eligibility documents and Bidding documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected and obtained by PhilGEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat, Legal Office starting September 15, 2017 up to 12:30 p.m. of October 2, 2017 upon payment of non-refundable amount of Php4,500.00 for bid documents to the Cashier’s Office. Pre-bid Conference shall be held on September 18, 2017 at 1:30 in the afternoon, DA Library, Research Quadrangle, this Agency.
- Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelopes [First Envelope- Eligibility & Technical documents; Second Envelope- Financial Documents] will be on October 2, 2017 before 1:00 in the afternoon. Opening of bids will follow at 1:30 in the afternoon, DA Library, Research Quadrangle, this Agency, in the presence of observers and bidders who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements.
- Bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) must be delivered on or before 1:00PM of October 2, 2017 at the BAC Office, Department of Agriculture-Regional Field Office No. 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security based on the Approved Budget of the Contract (ABC)- 2% in the form of Bank Guarantee issued by a commercial Bank or Universal Bank or Bid securing Declaration. The Bid Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor and in the full name of the Procuring Entity. The winning bidder should post Performance Security- 5% - Cash or Cashier’s/managers Check; bank Draft/guarantee or Irrevocable letter of Credit issued by a Universal or Commercial Bank; 30%- Surety Bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security; Any combination of the foregoing-proportionate to share of form with respect to total amount of security.
- The DA reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract when: (a) there is prima facie evidence of collusion between the BAC and any of the bidders, or if the collusion is between a bidder and a third party, including any act which restricts, suppresses or nullifies or tends to restrict, suppress or nullify competition; (b) the BAC is found to have failed in following the prescribed bidding procedures; or (c) for any justifiable and reasonable ground where the award of the contract will not redound to the benefit of the government as follows: (i) if the physical and economic conditions have significantly changed as to render the project no longer economically, financially or technically feasible as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (ii) if the project is no longer necessary as determined by the head of the procuring entity; (iii) if the source of funds for the project has been withheld or reduced through no fault of the procuring entity, (iv) any other circumstances analogous to the foregoing.
- Further, the DA-RFO 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder as of the data furnished relative to the bidding of the project.
For more details see or call the BAC Office, BAC Secretariat (France, Janet or Dick) at Tel. No. (054) 477-3356, DA-RFO 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur or log on to our website http://bicol.da.gov.ph or http://philgeps.net.
September 11, 2017, Pili, Camarines Sur
ROSARIO C. SALES
Chief, Finance & Admin Division