INVITATION TO BID
(Labor & Materials for the New Construction & Rehabilitation of Diversion Dam in the Province of Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur and Sorsogon)
- The Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No. 5 is inviting interested PhilGEPS accredited contractors to apply for eligibility and to submit bid for Labor & Materials of: A) Construction of Tala- Tala DD San Isidro, Capalonga, Camarines Norte (Php3,000,000.00); B) Construction of Sto. Niño DD – Sto. Niño, Ocampo, Camarines Sur (Php4,600,000.00); C) Rehabilitation of Caratagan DD – Caratagan, Pio Duran, Albay, (Php3,000,000.00) D) Rehabilitation o Payawin DD- Payawin, Gubat, Sorsogon (Php3,000,000.00) under Rice Program. As per scope of works and specifications under accompanying documents. Completion of the Works is required by 120 calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders;
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. Total project Cost is THIRTEEN MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS (Php13, 600,000.00).
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee of the Department of Agriculture, RFO 5 and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- List of Eligibility and Bidding Documents containing details of the project shall be made available and may be inspected, and/or obtained by PhilGEPS registered prospective bidders from BAC Secretariat Office, DA RFO 5 starting September 15, 2017 up to 8:30AM of October 4, 2017 , subject to the pre-requisites under the immediately following paragraph
To apply and to bid for this Contract, a contractor must submit the photocopy and original (for authentication purpose and issuance of Bid documents) of the following documents: (a) DTI Business Name Registration (DTI) or SEC Registration or CDA; (b) Valid and Current Mayors Permit/Municipal License; (c)Valid PCAB License and Registration (Small B); (d)Printed Copy of Philgeps Invitation to bid bearing users name and e) Presentation of Official Receipt as proof of payment of bidding documents’ fee in the amount of Php 14,000.00 to the Cashier’s Office. The BAC will use non-discretionary pass/fail criteria in the eligibility check preliminary examination of bids
The Significant times and deadlines of procurement activities are shown below:
1. Issuance of bidding Documents
From September 15 to October 4, 2017 8:30 AM
2. Pre-bid Conference
9:30AM of September 22, 2017
3. Submission of Bids
Deadline: 9:00AM of October 4, 2017
4. Opening of bids
October 4, 2017, 9:30AM
No representative shall be allowed to represent more than one (1) contractor.
- The Department of Agriculture, RFO 5 will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on September, 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM at the DA Conference room, which shall be open to all interested parties
- Deadline for submission of bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) will be not later than 9:00 in the morning of 4 October 2017. Opening of bids will follow at 9:30 in the morning of same date, DA-Library, Research Building, DA RFO 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur in the presence of observers, and bidders or authorized representatives who choose to attend. All submitted documents must be in triplicate and compiled in accordance with the ITB, otherwise, bids will be automatically rejected on the ground of non-compliance with the prescribed bid requirements.
- Bids in two (2) envelopes as specifically prescribed under the Instructions to Bidders (ITB) must be delivered on or before 9:00 AM of October 4, 2017 at DA-Library, Research Building, DA RFO 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security based on the Approved Budget of the Contract (ABC) - Bid Securing Declaration or 2% in the form of Bank Guarantee issued by a commercial Bank or Universal Bank; bank Draft/guarantee or irrevocable letter of credit by a Universal or Commercial bank; 5%-Surety bond callable upon demand issued by Surety or insurance company duly certified by the Insurance commission as authorized to issue such security; or Bid Securing Declaration. The Bid Security must be denominated in Philippine Peso and posted in favor and in the full name of the Procuring Entity. The winning bidder should post Performance Security- 10% - Cash or Cashier’s/managers Check; bank Draft/guarantee or Irrevocable letter of Credit issued by a Universal or Commercial Bank; 30%- Surety Bond callable upon demand issued by a surety or insurance company duly certified by the Insurance Commission as authorized to issue such security;.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ duly recognized representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- The DARFO5 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- 9. The DA RFO 5 assumes no obligation whatsoever to compensate or indemnify the bidder any expense or loss that may occur in participating to this undertaking. Further, the procuring entity shall not assume any responsibility regarding erroneous interpretations or conclusion by the prospective bidder at of data furnished relative to the bidding of the project. All matters obtaining or relating to the procurement process as to receipt, opening, evaluation, post-qualification, recommendation for and award of contract shall be governed by pertinent provisions of RA 9184 and the Revised IRR.
- For more details/information, please refer to the:
Bids and Awards Committee Secretariat
Department of Agriculture, RFO 5
San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur
(Tel. No. 477-33-56) or Regional Agricultural Engineering Division
(Tel. No.477-39-03), DA RF0 5, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur or log on to our website (http:// bicol.da.gov.ph), or http//:philgeps.net.
September 13, 2017, Pili, Camarines Sur.
ROSARIO C. SALES
Chief, Admin and Finance Division