RAW MATERIALS AND INGGREDIENTS:
Unripe banana (saba)
1 C sugar
4 tbsp. Salt
5 C water
oil for frying
A. onion powder
B. garlic powder
C. cheese powder
1. wash and peel green matured banana.
2. Slice into chips, soak in syrup for 8 min.
3. Drain, wipe to remove excess liquid by spreading in filter
4. Fry in cooking oil heated to 2000C for 3-5 min. Cool
5. Dust with cheese powder or onion powder.
6. Pack in container.
Note: Longer soaking time will result in the of the unfried
Flavoring- as you wish.
RICE SQUASH ROLL
2 cups rice flour (ordinary)
½ cups glutinous rice flour
2 cups squash
1 ½ cup fresh butter
½ tsp. Anise
2 cups squash (mashed)
1 cup raw pili
1 sml. Can condensed milk
1. Mix the dry ingredients.
2. Cream butter until soft, add sugar gradually.
3. Add mashed squash and flour mixture, mix until well blended.
4. Spread ½ cup of the mixture on the banana leaves.
5. Put filling over the mixture. Roll and tie on both ends.
6. Steam for 45 minutes.
7. Cool and serve.
1 cup banana puree
2-3 cup flour
2 tsp. Salt
3 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking powder
1. Mix all the ingredients together
2. Knead the mixture into a smooth and even mass.
3. Roll the kneader cutter onto the dough until it becomes 0.8
mm thick. If kneader cutter is not available bottle and knife
can be used.
4. Sprinkle both sides of dough with flour to avoid sticking
to the kneader or bottle.
5. Cut into desired shape and size.
6. Fill the pan with oil, Heat to boil, Fry until golden brown.
7. Let it color down on a piece of cheese cloth.
8. Pack in P.E. bag of desired size and seal.
1 pc. Egg
1 tbsp. Bagoong
¼ cup flour
dash of black banana pepper and garlic powder
1. Wash and peel banana, Cut into strips, soak in water.
2. Prepare the batter mixture by mixing all he ingredients until
3. Dip the banana strips into batter mixture.
4. Deep fry until golden brown.
5. Cool and pack.
1 cup boiled squash
3 pcs. Eggyolk
1 cup sugar
4-5 cup flour
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 tbsp. Margarine
1 tbsp. Baking powder
1. Cream butter until; soft. Ad sugar alternately with the
2. Add milk, vanilla and squash then mix very well.
3. Add flour and baking powder and kneed slightly.
4. Pour in flowed board and flatten with the use of a rolling
5. Cut thru a doughnut cutter.
6. Fry until golden brown.
DRIED UBI POWDER
A. CONTAINER: Use laminated plastic films of high density
P.E. bags of suitable thickness or aluminum pouch.
B. QUALITY OF RAW MATERIALS: Ubi tubers for drying should have
the distinct violet color and strong ubi aroma when cooked. It
should also be free from mechanical damage and diseases.
C. PREPARATION: Wash the tubers thoroughly removing adhering
dirt in the space between the tubers. Cut the big tubers into
7.6-10 cm. Leaves the peels intact.
D. PROCESSING: Steam the tubers until cooked and allow to cool.
Peel the tubers and removes small roots. Slice thinly or grate
over drying trays and dehydrate at 650C. Drying time is around
16 hours for sliced but shorter for grater yams. Allow to cool
down to room temperature. Grind the dried chip in a mill to a
fine powder. Serve powder in #40-60 mesh screens.
E. PACKING: Pack in the desired containers and seal immediately.
Packaged ubi powder keeps longer when stored in a cool, dry and
PREPARATION OF INSTANT "HALAYA" (UBE SWEET)
1. Weigh 100 gm. Ubi powder, 50 g of powdered milk, 100 gm.
Refined sugar and 10 gm. Margarine.
2. Add 150 ml hot water.
3. Mix thoroughly and serve.
The entire preparation takes 10 minutes and will give 600
gm of "halaya" ready to eat.
GABI LEAVES WITH GATA
Hot pepper(green and red)
Msg/salt to taste
1. Flake gabi leaves and prepare all the needed ingredients.
2. Place coconut cream in a saucepan, let it boil and add gabi
leaves and the rest of ingredients except hot pepper.
3. Cook in a moderate fire until it becomes oily and add the
4. Remove from fire and serve while hot.
½ c. large shrimp
1 c. hard buko meat (chopped)
1 tbsp. Garlic (macerated)
1 tbsp salt
¼ tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp. Ginger (chopped)
1. Clean shell and chopped the shrimp.
2. Combine the rest of ingredients, wrap in gabi leaves.
3. Place in a saucepan and add enough coconut milk to cover.
4. Let simmer until mixture is done.
5. Serve hot or cold.
4 pcs. Tilapia
4 c. thick coconut cream
½ c. tomatoes (sliced)
1 tsp. Strips of fresh ginger
½ c. onion (sliced)
1 tsp. Strips of green hot pepper
¼ c. bagoong-optional
salt to taste
Clean fish very well. Mix onion, tomato and ginger and stuff
tilapia. Wrap each in gabi leaves. Arrange wrapped fish in deep
sauce pan. Add coconut cream and bagoong. Bring to boil then
lower heat and allow to simmer. Add pepper and continue simmering
until gabi eaves are cooked.
Onion - sliced
Tomatoes - sliced
Pork - sliced
Hot pepper strips
1. Saute garlic and onion until golden brown.
2. Add meat and cook until tender and add tomato and bagoong,
let it boil and add hot pepper.
3. If the mixture is done remove from fire.
SQUASH LECHE FLAN
1 can condensed milk
4 pcs eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c squash
sugar to taste
1. Caramelized sugar directly in the leche flan molder
2. Beat the eggs slightly and strain.
3. Add sugar, milk and vanilla, stir until dissolved
4. Add the mashed squash and mix it thoroughly
5. Pour in individual leche flan molder
7. Insert toothpick at center, if it comes out clean mixture
8. Cool and unmold.
2 cups cassava flour
1 cup flour
1 ½ tsp salt
4 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder or garlic powder
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.
2. Apply the mixture on banana leaves.
3. Steam or dip in boiling water for a few seconds.
4. Sun dry for 1-2 hours.
5. Remove the mixture from the leaves
6. Cut into desired shape and size.
7. Continue drying until hard or brittle.
8. Cool and pack in plastic.
9. Ready for frying.
CASSAVA BUTTER COOKIES
1 bar fresh butter
1 ½ cup sugar
2 pcs eggs
4 cups cassava flour
2 tbsp baking powder
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter until soft.
2. Add sugar alternately with the egg.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla, cream
4. Drop by teaspoon on a greased pan bake in moderate oven for
10-15 minutes until golden brown.
5. Cool and pack in plastic, label/store.